It hasn't been a good week for Pacific Islanders here in Utah! It has been one negative thing after the other. I don't really want to go into it in my blog, but you can read more about it on my cousin Richard's BLOG!
We really need some positive news even if it is about football players! hahaha... I have nothing against football players, but I think sometimes it's portrayed as if it's the only thing that our Pacific Islander men are good at, which is far from the truth, but at this point any good media coverage is needed!
Here is a short video (by Travis Fox of the Washington Post) about Ne'emia Vitale, a young Samoan high school student from Leone High School in American Samoa who is aspiring to someday be drafted into the NFL.
I love that they focused on his work ethics and his reasons for wanting to be in the NFL, which is connected to his desires to help his family!
No comments:
Post a Comment