I love the way comedians have used their humor as a way of speaking truth to power!
I love Paul Mooney... although he curses a lot (and I mean a lot...lol)...but you cannot deny the truth of what he saying! I love how he uses humor as a mirror that reflects our society and culture. There are of course many others (i.e. Richard Pryor, Dave Chappelle, Bill Maher, Chris Rock, etc.) but Paul Mooney is still my favorite!
Stewart and Colbert are among my two most favorite shows to watch every Mon-Thurs!
SNL does a great job at this as well...(when the writing is funny...they were on a non-funny streak for a while there but the Palin imitation stuff is hilarious)
Chris Rock also adds some comic relief...
check out the videos below... (dont worry...there is no swearing...I had to search long and hard for these)...LOL!!!
Jon Stewart/Daily Show
Colbert Show
SNL---Couric and Palin Interview
Chris Rock on Larry King Live
No comments:
Post a Comment